Theres a whole plethora of sci-fi weapons from Phasers to Disruptors including the Ferengi Energy Whip, Lightsaber and Varon T Disruptor and they all have something in common. They all make deadly energy sounds!
I must confess Kivas Fajo's illegal Varon T Disruptor from Star Trek's (TNG episode 'The Most Toys') tops my list for pure evil. This phaser doesn't just kill, disintegrate, stun or even wound its victims.
Instead try imagining five seconds of excruciating agony as Fajo's death ray slowly disintegrates your flesh from the inside out. You might say the Varon-T Disruptor was designed by a pretty warped mind and you'd be right.
Which one of these sci-fi weapons makes your favorite energy sound? As usual... Star Wars is sitting pretty at No 1. Now why is that I wonder?
9: Sonic Shotgun - Minority Report (2002)
8: ZF-1 - The Fifth Element (1997)
7: Arc Gun - District 9 (2009)
6: The Noisy Cricket - Men In Black (1997)
5: Bone Gun - eXistenZ (1999)
4: M41A Pulse Rifle - Aliens (1986)
3: Lawgiver Pistol - Judge Dredd (1995 and 2012)
2: The Proton Pack - Ghostbusters (1984)
1. LightSaber - Star Wars (1977)
Spacerguys Top Guns
2. Klamers Phaser Rifle - Star Trek TOS (1967)
3. ED-209s Machine cannons - Robocop (1987)
4. Point of View Gun - Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy
5. Blaster - Forbidden Planet
6. Q Firearms - Star Trek Voyager
7. Plasma Shoulder Cannon - Predator
8. Mal Renolds Model B Service pistol - Serenity
9. AMR-B05 (Repeater) and AMR-B21 - District 9
10. Phased Plasma Rifle - Terminator
Live Long and Prosper, Trekkers and Futurians!.